Thursday, January 12, 2012

File Schmile

I've been working on my office this month trying to get it organized and clean so that I can start the year fresh. My desk only has one mini drawer so I decided I needed some storage in there. I found this little filing cabinet at Goodwill for $5 buckaroos. Sorry to report I did not take any before's but it was typical file cabinet grey, rusty silver pulls, and so filthy I literally took it outside when I brought it home and sprayed it with the water hose. But here is how she turned out...




After thoroughly cleaning, I primed with 2 coats of spray Kilz. Then finished off with 4 coats of Krylon 'Global Blue' spray paint. The old handle size was an awkward one, so I ended up deciding on a handle that would cover the old holes but it did require me drilling new ones. The pulls are Martha Stewart from Home Depot. I love the blue with the gold. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I do love this idea! I think I'll haul our file out of the basement and pretty it up like yours. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm following you from miss mustard seed-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete