Monday, October 17, 2011

Meet Ozark

I adopted a kitten from a local rescue organization a year ago. It was my first pet to ever have as an adult so I had reservations in doing so because I'm so particular about my house and wondered if I would have time for it and if I had the natural instinct to care for it appropriately. But I saw the little guy on their website and he was so small he almost looked mousey with his little body and huge eyes. I instantly knew that he had to come home with me. I had to fight hard to get him because the rescue organization was very strict. He was discovered in a driveway almost dead and a different mama cat at the rescue org let him nurse or he never would have made it. He was a sick little man for the first 4 months I had him home and we were in and out of the vet quite often. The vet had concerns if he would ever begin to strive and didn't want me to get my hopes up. 




But he proved us all wrong and just look at him today. 




All of the reservations I had were quickly put aside as we became buddies and I literally don't know what I would do without him. It makes coming home each day so exciting and special as he runs to greet me. I encourage everybody to look into your local rescue organizations and adopt if you are interested in a pet. It makes me so sad to think of him still stuck there without the sweet loving home he now has. 
P.S. If you are wondering about the name, I chose 'Ozark' after the Ozark Mountains of Mountain View, AR where I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment